Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Gathering Momentum

And I'm back for the second day in a row!  I've been thinking a lot about Spain and the Camino lately, partly because the weather here in Gros Morne is so snowy and cold.  So, tonight, as we sipped Spanish wine, my mind drifted back to warmer climes and interesting sights.  Since it's Valentine's Day today, I thought I'd stay away from posting pictures of people, and instead show some of the strange statues and sights along the Camino de Santiago.  Enjoy!

Tonight, as the snow falls on Norris Point, I'm sipping wine from THIS vineyard!  Bodegas Campina, in case you're wondering.  It's a lovely wine, and reminds me of this day of walking- it was the day before my birthday and we were headed for a little town where I drank hot chocolate (provided with a kiss on the forehead by the lovely grandmotherly owner) and discovered how to say 'elastic bandage' in Spanish


Jana thought they were running from a hail of bullets...I just think school crossing signs in Spain are a realistic portrait of Spanish driving.  Run, little children, run!

Even the fenceposts were walking the Camino!

Mandatory cheesy pose-with-statue shot, taken by Jean-Marc, who guided on the Camino pushing a wheelbarrow thingy, and advised us on the dangers of dehydration and gave us pain au chocolat for our breakfast that morning.  Merci!

And one final surreal shot.  This is a stained glass window in a church in Spain.  It is also the spitting image of Matthew Grant.  It freaked Jana and I out a little bit.  We were REALLY freaked out when Matt sent us a picture of him wearing a very similar hat.  The resemblance is creepy-cool.  Unless you know Matt, of course, you'll just have to trust me :)

And finally, the promised photo of the restaurant hen, cleaning up and keeping us company.  Awesome.
Until tomorrow, lovelies!  Happy Valentine`s Day!

-K-

No comments:

Post a Comment