Sunday, June 19, 2011

MIA

Hola Amigos!  Long time, no blog, right?  Sorry about that.  Jana arrived from Newfoundland, and life became a little crazy as we prepared to hike for weeks across Northern Spain.  The good news is...we survived!  Yep, we've returned safe and sound to the Emerald Isle after an amazing time on the Camino de Santiago, where we've spent the last two weeks touring around Ireland (and camping in) our lovely rental car.  Special thanks to Marie Stamp and Johanne Devlin Trew, who have provided us and our belongings with stellar accommodations.  Now Jana is heading off on new adventures in New Zealand...and I'm finally going to update my blog! 

Now, don't get your hopes up--no Camino pictures today (unless you look at Facebook- both Jana and some of our Camino friends have posted pics there, which you're welcome to scroll through).  I need some time to create a few weeks worth of Camino posts (which means cross-referencing my journal and pilgrim passport to figure out where I was when)...but I will leave you with some shots of Hebden Bridge, which I promised in my last post, but didn't deliver.

Hebden Bridge is a gorgeous, hippy-filled little town in Yorkshire, where my friend Andrew lives.  It's got a lovely canal running through town, which I walked every day in preparation for the Camino.  Enjoy!

-K-

Andrew's cat, helping me unpack

I climbed this hill each day...hoping it would prepare me for the Pyrannees (it didn't)

The view down the canal

Proof that there is more to life than sheep

Canal locks in operation

No comments:

Post a Comment