Monday, April 4, 2011

Missing in Action

Ok, so in reading over my last post, I noticed four things, which I decided to try to address before adding my post on Week 2.

First off, somehow I deleted the first half of the Athens portion of the post, which explains why there's no commentary on what we saw, and I appear to start mid-sentence.  Basically, the missing sentences talk about finding the train station in Piraeus (with a lovely Australian couple), the right train stop for the Acropolis (thanks to a couple from Portugal/France on their honeymoon), and our way to the Acropolis (all before the first tour buses from the ship-take that Norwegian Cruise Lines!).  We wandered the Acropolis, saw the Parthenon, the Agora, and so many amazing sites, then visited some of the street markets (where I actually bought a few things, in a strange break from tradition for me), before settling down for a meal. 

Secondly, I didn't add a photo of the Virgin Mary house at Ephesus at all.  Or any from the rug place!  Oops!

Thirdly, I also didn't add photos of Topkapi Palace.

And, finally, I forgot that we passed Stromboli, an active volcano, on Ash Wednesday as we headed towards Turkey.   So, I've stuck a nice pic of that in here too!  Enjoy!

Oh, and I'm writing my Week 2 post now, so it should be up soon!

-K-

House of the Virgin Mary

Removing silk from the cocoons

Topkapi Palace entrance

Topkapi from outside

Stromboli

And a little closer....

No comments:

Post a Comment